Just a week away from Christmas! So exciting! Haha! Bought most of the gifts already, left mostly for the guys. I have no idea what to get for guys! :(
Anyways, I still baking bread and decided to do something different!
Christmas tree, dried fruits bread!
Am I creative? LOL!
40g warm water
1tsp instant yeast
1/2tsp caster sugar
1tsp plain flour
250g plain flour
40g caster sugar
4 tbsp milk (add slowly, you may not need this much)
1/2 tsp pandan paste
Some dried fruits
1. Mix warm water, yeast, 1tsp plain flour and 1/2tsp caster sugar together, cover and set aside to prove for 10-15mins.
2. Combine plain flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add yeast dough from step no.1, milk and egg, pandan paste into the dry ingredients.
4. Knead until it form a dough.
5. Add in butter, continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover dough and let it proof for 1hr until double in size.
7. Punch out the air and cover dough and rest for another 10mins
8. Cover dough and rest for another 10mins.
9. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a rectangular. Spread dried fruits all over and roll up like a swiss roll.
10. Cut the roll into slices and arrange on a greased tray.
11. Cover and leave it to proof for 1hr until it doubled in size.
12.Preheat oven to 190C.
13. Lightly brush all over with egg.
14.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until bread is brown.
15.Remove bread from tray and cool on a wire rack.
After proving, doubled in size!
glazed with egg.
Fresh out from the toaster! :)
I love the smell and taste of pandan! (Y) Anyways this is the bread interior, it is softer using this plain flour compared to bread flour baked bread! :D
Ho Ho Ho~ Merry Christmas!
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #14: Creative Christmas Bakes (December 2011) hosted by Hankerie.