Hello! :D Are you sick of me baking cakes only? Did something different today, roti boy and chocolate pastry!
1. Roti Boy
I still remember once roti boy was everywhere! (at least in Northpoint) The smell, the taste is heavenly good~
40g warm water
1tsp instant yeast
1/2tsp caster sugar
1tsp bread flour
250g bread flour
45g caster sugar
95g chocolate milk
1 egg yolk (about 20g)
40g icing sugar
45g plain flour (sift)
1/2tbsp instant coffee powder (dissolved in 1tsp hot water)
1. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg until well combined.
3. Fold in flour, coffee and coffee paste until well combined.
4. Spoon batter into piping bag and store in fridge for later use.
1. Mix warm water, yeast, 1tsp bread flour and 1/2tsp caster sugar together, cover and set aside to prove for 10-15mins.
2. Combine bread flour, sugar and salt in a mixer and mix well at low speed.
3. Add yeast dough from step no.1, milk and egg into the dry ingredients.
4. Knead at medium speed until it form a dough.
5. Add in butter, continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover dough and let it proof for 50mins.
7. Add in chocolate chips, hand knead until well combined.
8. Cover dough and rest for another 10mins.
9. Divide dough into 10 equal portions, shape each dough into round ball.
10.Arrange it on a greased tray.
11.Cover and leave it to proof for 45mins until it doubled in size.
12.Preheat oven to 190C.
13.Pipe topping on proved doughs.
14.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until buns is brown.
15.Remove bread from tray and cool it on a wire rack.
I seldom make bread because they are so time consuming! But the result is always very satisfying, unlike baking a cake. :/
Smell so good and tasted so good too! <3 The bread was very soft, I think all thanks to this warm dough method! Good good! haha! :D
2. Chocolate Pastry
I promised my brother to make this since forever! lol! Finally baked for him! :X
The fillings: lots of chocolate and icing sugar! :D
Folded and brush with maple syrup. Suppose to brush with egg but I run out of eggs. Oops. :X
So sad I didn't have egg to brush the surface. :( It didn't turn out to be golden brown!
I recommend this if you enjoy the feeling of hot chocolate lava melting in the mouth~ heh heh! :D
No wonder I'm gaining weight. LOL!
Conclusion: Today is a very sinful bake. :/ BUT SO AWESOME GOOD!