600g pumpkin, diced
250g rice flour
20g tapioca flour
50g dried shrimps, soaked and diced
10 dried mushrooms, soaked and diced
10 shallots, slices
Chopped spring onion
1. Mix all seasonings with rice flour, tapioca flour and water by hand whisk till a watery batter.
2. Heat oil in a wok, sauté shallots till golden brown, add in dried shrimps and stir fry till fragrant.
3. Dish out half of the mixture and keep aside for later garnishing. Add in pumpkin and stir fry for 1min. Pour in the watery batter and cook mixture for 1-2mins over low heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture turns to a thick paste.
4. Pour the paste into a greased cake tin. Smoothen the surface with a spatula. Place it in the steamer and steam over high heat for 45 minutes.
5. Remove the cake and allow it to cool thoroughly before cutting into slices.
6. Garnish with shrimp/shallot mixture, chopped spring onion and red chilli on top.
7. Serve with sweet chilli sambal (chilli sauce).
Hopefully you will enjoy this local delicacy as much as I do and do share with me any pumpkin related recipes too. Because I'm a devoted pumpkin lover! Yums!