So I was warned that I'm can't call it rotiboy because of copyright issue? Oh wells, rotigirl then! :)
Ingredients (makes 8)
A: 40g warm water, 1tsp instant yeast, 1/2tsp caster sugar, 1tsp bread flour
B: 250g bread flour, 45g caster sugar, 1/4tsp salt, 95g chocolate milk, 1 egg yolk (about 20g), 25g butter
Topping: 40g butter, 40g icing sugar, 45g plain flour (sift), 30g egg, 1/2tbsp instant coffee powder (dissolved in 1tsp hot water)
1. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg until well combined.
3. Fold in flour and coffee paste until well combined.
4. Spoon batter into piping bag and store in fridge for use later.
1. Combine A, cover and set aside to prove for 10-15mins.
2. Combine bread flour, sugar and salt and mix well.
3. Add yeast dough from step1, milk and egg into the dry ingredients.
4. Knead until it forms a dough.
5. Add in butter, continue to knead until a smooth and elastic dough is formed.
6. Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it proof for an hr.
7. Punch out the air and let it rest for another 10mins.
8. Divide dough into 8 equal portions, shape each dough into a round ball.
9.Arrange them on a greased tray.
10. Cover using the damp towel and leave to proof for an hr.
11. Preheat oven to 190C.
12. Pipe topping on proved doughs.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins or till the breads are brown.
14.Remove breads from tray and cool on a wire rack.
In case you don't know what I meant by piping (old photo).
I swear bread making is the culprit for my muscular arms!!! T^T