I think this cake is by far the most well received by the family, for it's soft and moisture and of course rum! The taste of rum is so heavenly... SHIOK!
Soaked 150g of dried fruits overnight in rum
3 egg yolks
pinch of salt
20g corn oil
60g orange jucie
70g cake flour
1 orange zest
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Whisk egg yolks, salt and sugar first. Remove from the mixer (I used a hand whisk), add in corn oil, orange zest and juice. Stir well with a hand whisk before adding in the flour. Mix till smooth.
3. Fold soaked fruits into the batter
4. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric beater, adding sugar gradually.
5. Fold 1/3 of the egg white batter gently into the egg yolk batter until slightly incorporated, add another 1/3, fold and finally the remaining egg whites and fold till well incorporated.
5. Pour mixture into lined pan (mine is a 8'' square pan) and bake for about 30 minutes
Have you realised I have been swearing by my chiffon cake recipe? Yes I am, because I really like the soft and moist texture of chiffon and most importantly you'll feel less guilty consuming this version of cake (healthier).
Anyways, as the cake was baking in the oven I could barely concentrate on whatever I was doing then. Simply because the smell kills it all! Rum! It's the rum! Goodness, I'm in love with rum since then. The smell of heaven in my opinion. <3