Weekend is everyone's favorite for obvious reason. But for me it also means I have extra time for baking. *fist punch*
So after polishing half a loaf of freshly baked Gardenia bread (my favorite brand), the happy belly me skipped right into the kitchen. (Y)
3 egg yolks
pinch of salt
20g corn oil
2tsp vanilla essence
70g cake flour
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Whisk egg yolks, salt and sugar first. Remove from the mixer (I used a hand whisk), add in corn oil, milk and vanilla essence. Stir well with a hand whisk before adding in the flour. Mix till smooth.
3. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric beater, adding sugar gradually.
4. Fold 1/3 of the egg white batter gently into the egg yolk batter until slightly incorporated, add another 1/3, fold and finally the remaining egg whites and fold till well incorporated.
5. Pour mixture into 6'' cake pan and decorate the top with chopped walnuts. Bake for about 30 minutes.
6. Let the cake cool completely before dusting with some icing sugar (optional).
Look at how soft the cake is!! Omg! I couldn't control myself and polished 2 pieces away. :P
Have a great weekend everyone!