I'm one of those who will buy banana not to eat, but to bake.
So I patiently waited for 4 days before the bunch of banana turns black, which is the sign that it is ready to be scarified as my baking ingredient.
My intention was to bake a simple banana bread, however I somehow decided to add some cinnamon powders into the batter. Oh boy. That must be one of the best decisions I've ever made! The outcome was so so so good!
I almost thought I smelled heaven when the bread was ready.
And isn't it so pretty?! <3
250g all-purpose flour
80g brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grounded cinnamon
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 ripe bananas, mashed well (about 1 cup)
1 ripe banana, sliced for topping
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lined a 6'' cake tin. Side aside.
2) In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas, egg, oil and vanilla. With a rubber spatula, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana batter) into the dry ingredients just until combined. (Note: do not over mix the batter. Over mixing the batter will yield tough, rubbery bread.)
4) Pour the batter into the lined tin.
5) Cover the top with the sliced banana and bake for 30 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6) Place on wire rack to cool completely.
This is a bread-wannabe-cake. Haha! Please go ahead if you wish to bake with a loaf pan. :)
This is by far my most favorite bake. Bake for yourself and you'll know why. :)