I hate banana, yes you read it right. I dislike eating the fruit itself, yet I adore banana cake very very much. I don't know about you, but banana, chocolate and flour is probably one of the best cake combination for me. Somehow banana has this magic to make the cake so moist and little sugar is needed due to the natural sweetness of the fruit.
300 g self raising flour
60 g brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mashed banana
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
250 ml low milk fat
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour and baking soda into a large bowl.
3. Add brown sugar and chocolate chips, mix well.
4. Add milk, eggs and mashed banana. Gently fold the batter until well combined. **Do not over mixed the batter, lumps are totally fine.
5. Spoon batter into a lined tin and top with almond slices or anything as desire. (I have extra batters leftover so I pour the remaining to make 3 muffins)
6. Bake in preheated oven for 30 mins.
7. Serve warm.
A pretty easy recipe isn't it? Definitely good for a quick breakfast in the morning or even as afternoon tea! :)
No oil was added in this recipe but the loaf was still moist as hell!
The magic of banana. :')