This mixed fruits cake was baked in desperation to clear my huge stock of dried fruits. Haha.
I thought a fruit cake itself would be too plain and boring, so I swirled in some nutella on top. Heh.
Soaked dried fruits overnight in rum/water (amount of dried fruits depends on your preference)
3 egg yolks
pinch of salt
20g corn oil
70g cake flour
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp of nutella
Method (chiffon method):
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Whisk egg yolks, salt and sugar first. Remove from the mixer (I used a hand whisk), add in corn oil and milk. Stir well with a hand whisk before adding in the flour. Mix till smooth.
3. Fold soaked fruits into the batter
4. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric beater, adding sugar gradually.
5. Fold 1/3 of the egg white batter gently into the egg yolk batter until slightly incorporated, add another 1/3, fold and finally the remaining egg whites and fold till well incorporated.
6. Pour mixture into lined pan, spoon the nutella on top of the batter and use a chopstick to create the swirl. Bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Cool completely before slicing.
The cake was really soft and light and of course guilt-free. (Y)