It has been long since I last stepped into the kitchen. So I'm really excited when I managed to squeeze in some time to bake! :D
Walnut Crumb Cake.
Tempted by the Apple and Pear crumble that I had from Harry's Bar. :D
Obviously I have topped too much crumbs on the cake. But. I'm loving the buttery and crunchy bites. :D
40 g) all-purpose flour
100 g sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
50 g unsalted butter, cold is fine
Pinch of salt
240 g all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
50 g unsalted butter, softened
120 g sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup milk
Walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Heat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line a 7-inch round baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Prepare the topping by mixing the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Then cut the butter in with a pastry blender. You can use your hands or fork to mix the mixture until resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Beat in 1/3 of the dry ingredient mixture until just combined, followed by 1/2 the milk; repeat with remaining dry ingredients and milk, finishing with the dry mixture. (The batter will be very stiff, but don’t fret.)
5. Fold the chopped walnuts into cake batter until evenly distributed.
6. Scoop cake batter into prepared pan and smooth so that it is flat. Sprinkle the top with prepared streusel.
7. Bake in heated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out batter-free.
8. Let the cake cool complete before removing the parchment paper lining.
Can I say I'm extremely proud of the tall cake? :')
Do note that the cake will actually taste more moist as you keep it for longer days. Keep it in air tight container to try! :) By longer days I meant up to 3 days only. ^^
How about cake and ice cream? :)
Let me know if you try the recipe! ^^