I know it has been long since I last shared a recipe. Sorry about that everyone. I wish I could have more time for this space. :/
Anyway, do you still remember this photo?
A pat on the shoulder for you if you've answered Chef Ian's Beef burger with blue potatoes, served with truffle mayo.
Remember I said I was amazed by how Chef Ian made burger making looks so simple and I wanted to replicate it at home as well? (click here to read more)
So I did. Recipe adapted and modified from Tott's latest cookbook - 365 days of fun!
Ingredients (serves 4):
750 g minced pork
15 g bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp Lea & Perrins sauce
4 burger buns, split
Lettuce and tomatoes
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix minced pork, bread crumbs, egg, Lea & Perrins sauce and salt (to taste).
2. Divide the meat into four 170 g patties.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high. (I use a normal saucepan) Lightly brush grill grates (saucepan) with vegetable oil and grill patties for about 5 mins on each side.
4. Remove patties from grill and leave to rest. Grill burger buns (cut side down) for about 1 minute until lightly toasted.
5. Slip each patty between buns and top with your choice of condiments (lettuces and tomatoes for me)
In my opinion, much easier than baking!
Anyway, I replaced beef with pork because my mum doesn't take beef at all. I also replaced the blue potatoes chips with potato wedges since I couldn't find it readily in the market. :/
Cheesy meatball made using the leftover meat. Stuffed my favourite laughing cow cheese inside them! :D
We need something healthy to balance out the greasiness, so here's a vegetable soup! :)
Deep fried chicken, marinated by my bro!
Sweet of the night, fruit salad.
I hope you like the recipe that I've just shared. There are many other recipes in the book that I have bookmarked as well! Can't wait to share with all of you more! :D
Meanwhile, if you're interested with Tott's cookbook - 365 days of fun, do check their webpage for more details! :)