Think flavourful cinnamon crumb bar with creamy cheesecake and detectable peach filling. Yup. This is what you can expect from this Peach cheesecake crumb bar. ^^
For this recipe, I've decided to add in an extra cheesecake layer just because a normal crumb bar is too mainstream. :P
Peach? Not blueberry?
I'm more of a peach fan but of course you can replace the filing with any of your favourite fruit. :D
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar (I use brown sugar)
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
225g cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 peach fruit cups (I use SunMoon's fruit cups)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add in the butter pieces and egg. Rub the mixture together until a crumbly dough is formed.
3. Spread half of the mixture onto the prepared pan, reserve the other half for the top.
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg.
2. Pour the batter over the base layer. Top with the peach filling before spreading the reminding crumble dough on top.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting.
recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen
This makes a really good afternoon treat especially with a cup of tea on hand. ^^
With some batter leftover, I transformed the supposed crumb bar into a warm peach crumble with ice cream. Definitely loving this especially when the weather was killer that day (when I was baking this).
Warm peach crumble w ice cream or peach cheesecake crumb bar?
Your choice. ^^
Of course, do not miss my SunMoon's giveaway! Ending on the 11th January!
I'm giving away 3 sets of SunMoon products (worth $30) to 3 lucky readers!
This is what you can do to stand a chance to win the gift packs! ^^
1. Like my facebook page
2. Comment on the above post by answering this simple question: Where can you buy SunMoon x DC Comics Fruit Cups?”
Giveaway will end on 11th January 2015, 2359. Only applicable to Singapore readers and winners will be announced on my Facebook page!
More details of SunMoon's product and the giveaway over here! Of course the recipe for this chocolate mousse with mandarin oranges as well~
This recipe will be up next!