A while ago, I joined SuperChef Challenge 2015 organised by Superlife Co and I really didn't expect myself to be chosen as one of the top 3! :O
Anyway, this was the superfood that I've created for the challenge. :)
What's superfood? These are some examples from Superlife Co! If you're interested to know about superfood, head over to their website to find out more! :)
Overall, I would say that through this challenge I have indeed learnt more about superfood and healthy eating + living!
In the past, I thought that healthy cooking is less sugar, salt and oil. Nothing wrong about that, but now I know, there is more that I can do to make healthy food for my family. :)
Oh yeah, I finally tried chia seeds! This one is a chia seeds drink made by Superlife Co!
So nice! Haha!
Sharing some photos that Mr Tan took for me during the event. :D
More on my Dayre! :D
Thank you Superlife Co for preparing all the ingredients for me. <3
Can you spot the superfood here? :D
We had an hour to prepare our dishes for everyone. :)
My stern face. Haha!
I thought this photo is really funny! The tray like weigh a tonne?
Thanks to this event, I'm in love with quinoa. <3
Told Mr Tan that I need a big oven like this in our future home too!! Hahaha!
Charlene's Mexican Beef Taco Quinoa.
Melissa's Coconut scented cacao brownie.
My quinoa stuffed butternut squash.
1 butternut squash
1 zucchini, diced
1 large tomato, diced
1 large onion, sliced
1 cup quinoa
1 cup fresh milk + 1 cup water
1 pack organic Feta cheese, cubed
1 bottle black pitted olives, sliced
5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Handful gogi berries
Handful pumpkin seeds
Handful of fresh oregano and basil
1 pack shredded parmesan cheese
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Slice the butternut squash into halves, arrange them on a baking tray, and sprinkle some curry powder and a few drops of coconut oil. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
· Meanwhile, to a heated pan, add 2 tbsp coconut oil. Add onions, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes or until soften.
2. Add the fresh oregano, basil, tomatoes, olives and quinoa to the pan followed by the milk and water. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated and the quinoa is cooked. Turn off the heat and add Feta cubes, gogi berries and pumpkin seeds.
3. Once squash is done, scoop out the flesh and mix with the cooked quinoa. Distribute the quinoa mixture evenly between the two halves.
4. Lay some shredded Parmesan cheese on top and put back in the oven to bake for another 10 minutes before serving.
I think besides the better knowledge about superfood, one of the biggest takeaway from this event is the reminder to myself to never stop learning and never some challenging myself. :)
Prior to this, I have never eaten quinoa before. I even have to google to find out how quinoa tastes like! Hahaha!
To think of it, it was really a good learning experience for me. :)
Last but not least, thank you Mr Tan for always being there for me. In the process and throughout the event. <3