If you were to ask me what is the most unforgettable food that I had in Hong Kong I would say 炖奶!
Yes I love it so so so much! :D I even when to search for the recipe the moment I came back to Singapore. Haha! and Yes, finally I have some time on hand to make it! :D
Found a really simple recipe online, in Chinese though, so I'll try to translate.
30g sugar (may adjust to personal preference)
1. Warm the milk slightly (don't like it boil!)
2. Beat the eggs separately before pouring into the warmed milk
3. Add sugar into the mixture
4. Remove bubbles from the surface so that it will appear smooth
5. Cover the bowl with aluminium foil and place it on a ready steamer
6. Steam under high heat for 12mins, occasionally lift the lid to let the steam escape
7. Serve warm.
I know right! The ingredients are so simple and idiot-prove methods too! :D
Covered with aluminium foil.
Done! With damaged surface though. Because my bowl was too full and it touches the aluminium foil.
But this is so yummy!!!! O.M.G! I still can't believe I actually can make 炖奶 at home!!!
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #20: Asian dessert buffet! (June 2012) hosted by Moon of Food Playground