Recently I have been baking breads every single day. It's a very important task you know, because my family's breakfast depends on me! LOL! My mummy was like 'we can just buy breads for breakfast, you don't have to spend so much effort in making them.' But she doesn't know how much I enjoy baking. :P Now that the family was used to eating my '爱心早餐' they start to set menus for breakfast. LOL!
This is my own experimental recipe. :P I have no more bread flour at home, so I substituted with plain flour instead. Quite worried with the outcome since plain flour is more for cakes than breads. :/
After second proving.
So is there a different between bread flour and plain flour?
Plain flour requires more time to knead than bread flour and I have to be more careful with the water.
Taste wise, plain flour is less chewy and is softer compared to bread flour.
Personally I prefer the taste of plain flour's bread!
So I think plain flour can be use to make bread too! :)
40g warm water
1tsp instant yeast
1/2tsp caster sugar
1tsp plain flour
250g plain flour
40g caster sugar
1/2 cup milk (add slowly, you may not need this much)
Grounded peanuts (quantity depends on your liking)
1. Mix warm water, yeast, 1tsp plain flour and 1/2tsp caster sugar together, cover and set aside to prove for 10-15mins.
2. Combine plain flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add yeast dough from step no.1, milk and egg into the dry ingredients.
4. Knead until it form a dough.
5. Add in butter, continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover dough and let it proof for 1hr until double in size.
7. Punch out the air and cover dough and rest for another 10mins
8. Cover dough and rest for another 10mins.
9. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a rectangular. Spread grounded peanuts all over and roll up like a swiss roll.
10. Cut the roll into slices and arrange on a greased tray.
11. Cover and leave it to proof for 1hr until it doubled in size.
12.Preheat oven to 190C.
13. Lightly brush all over with egg.
14.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until bread is brown.
15.Remove bread from tray and cool on a wire rack.
Pretty happy with this plain flour-bread! Gonna start to bake my bread using this method now to clear my plain flour stocks! haha! Give it a try too! :D