What are your favourite ingredients to bake with? Other than banana and cinnamon, matcha and redbean are like the prefect match for me as well. They work well for me in anything and everything. <3
So here I pronounce the prefect marriage of matcha and redbean in this simple cake. :')
3 egg yolks
pinch of salt
20g corn oil
65g cake flour
5g matcha powder
handful of red beans
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl, sift flour and matcha powder together.
3. Whisk egg yolks, salt and sugar first. Add in corn oil and milk. Stir well with a hand whisk before adding in the flour. Mix till smooth.
4. Fold in desired amount of red beans.
5. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric beater, add in sugar gradually.
6. Fold 1/3 of the egg white batter gently into the egg yolk batter until slightly incorporated, add another 1/3, fold and finally the remaining egg whites and fold till well incorporated.
7. Pour mixture into 6'' cake pan and decorate the top with more red beans. Bake for about 20 minutes or when the skewer comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cools completely on a rack before slicing.
I'm so loving matcha and red bean that I have been baking quite a lot with this combination! Of course, the mochi cupcakes was one of them.
Stay tune for more of my matcha and red bean adventures!
PS: I'm on ask.fm, feel free to ask me questions over there. :)