Finally at the last day of our Taiwan trip. Yay!
We didn't really have much plans for the last day so we thought we will just explode the more 'atas' places in Taipei and of course to cafe hop.
Of course, we certainly have to come here! Didn't go up to the top though, we really aren't that amazed by the height. Haha.
Tourist moment. (Y)
We were like ok, Taipei 101 checked. Next place please. Haha. It is just another high-ended mall to us. :P
Came here for this as well! Just outside Taipei 101. :)
Dazzling Cafe, one of the most popular cafe in Taipei now!
There are quite a few Dazzling Cafes in Taipei, all with a different concept. The one we visited is Dazzling Sunshine, located at Shinkong Mitsukoshi, one of the popular mall in Taipei as well. :)
Hazelnut Chocolate Toast.
You can't leave Dazzling Cafe without trying their famous thick honey toast! I can safely say that for a period of time my entire IG timeline was filled with photo after photos of it. So glad I finally get to try this photogenic toast! :D
Destructed honey toast. Super shiok!!! :D
Now you may ask, is After You's honey toast better or Dazzling's honey toast?
Well, both have their own strengths I feel. Personally I would prefer After You's version. But Dazzling Cafe is still worth a try! ^^
Had their truffle fries as well.
Not very impressive, I guess desserts are still their strength. Really tempted by their waffles as well! Maybe next time I'll come back for it.
Since we really have some time on hand, the boy and I decided to visit Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall 中正紀念堂.
I was quite sceptical about the idea of visiting the memorial hall at first. Come on, memorial hall? It's going to be so boring. 0.o
But, I was wrong. In fact, the memorial hall was quite a beauty!
Quite easy to locate the memorial hall, it is just at the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall MRT!
This is the freedom square.
The Memorial Hall.
It a really beautiful place, the only problem was that the Sun was being too enthusiastic that day. >.<
View from the memorial hall.
One thing that most people come for will be the changing of the guard ceremony. It's really quite cool! It takes place every hour by the way, like 12pm, 1pm, 2pm.. and so on.
Other than the change of guard ceremony, on the 2nd and ground floors are exhibitions of Chiang Kai-shek's life. It is quite interesting as well. :)
Note that admission is free but the memorial hall is open to public only from 9am to 6pm. :)
Alright, next post on Taipei shall be my last post for this trip. Till then! ^^
- Taiwan Day 1, Part 1: Starry Minsu 清境觀星園景觀山莊 (Cing Jing)
- Taiwan Day 1, Part 2: Green Green Grassland (Cing Jing)
- Taiwan Day 2, Part 1: Sun Moon Lake (日月潭) + Plaza Hotel @ Tai Chung
- Taiwan Day 2 Part 2: Feng Jia Night Market 逢甲夜市 (Taichung)
- Taiwan Day 3: Tai Chung 台中, Xin She 新社 - Lavender Cottage 薰衣草森林 + Summit Resort 古堡花園 + Carton King 纸箱王
- Taiwan Day 4 Part 1: HuaLien - Bayview Hotel + Qi Xing Tan 七星潭
- Taiwan Day 5: HuaLien (Golden Triangle Commerical Circle and Zi Qiang Night Market)
- Taiwan Day 6 Part 1: HuaLien - Taroko Gorge
- Taiwan Day 6 Part 2: Taipei (inhouse hotel 薆悅酒店 + Guide to eating in Ximending 西門町)
- Taiwan Day 7 Part 1: Jiu Fen (九份) and Shi Fen (十份)
- Taiwan Day 7 Part 2: Wufenpu 五分埔 + Formosa Chang Lu Rou Fan 鬍鬚張魯肉 + Raohe Street Night Market 饒河街觀光夜市
- Taiwan Day 8 Part 1: Beitou Hot Springs 新北投溫泉 + Tamsui Old Street 淡水老街 + Fisherman's Wharf 淡水漁人碼頭 + Lovers' Bridge 情人橋
- Taiwan Day 8 Part 2: Shilin Night Market 士林夜市