Here's another bored-to-dead-at-home-due-to-the-haze-creation, a rainbow jelly.
For sure I definitely wasn't planning to make this rainbow jelly, I was intending to make a layered 2 colours agar. However, I realised that I kinda have 7 different colourings in my fridge.. so why not?
You need to have 7 different colourings, mine goes red, orange, yellow, white (original), green, blue, purple.
Ingredients for 1 layer (X 7):
1 tsp of colouring
200 ml pandan water
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp agar powder
1. Boil a knot of pandan leaves in 1.5 L of water. (This is the pandan water)
2. Cook first layer of colour (red): Combine ingredients and boil it. Remove from heat and pour the mixture into a tin.
3. Cook the second layer of colour (orange). Combine ingredients and boil it. Remove from heat and pour the mixture on top of the red layer (should have hardened).
4. Repeat with the subsequent layers until done.
5. Let the agar cool at r.t.p before letting it settle in the fridge.
PS: Work under somewhere cooling or with fan to fasten the hardening of the agar.
This rainbow agar give me the same satisfaction as of my kueh lapis. Which are both deemed as 'once in a lifetime product'. LOL!
To be honest, it's not difficult to make, the steps are simple but the baker is lazy. :P
Oh, I actually reduced the sugar to a minimum as my parents are not much of a sweet tooth so you can afford to double up the sugar amount. :)
I'm a unicorn, I eats rainbow. :3