This mixed fruits cake bar if I may say by myself, is the best recipe I think I've come up to date! I really have to be super thick skin to say this! But I'll really proud of this creation! Heh. :P
Think crusty bottom layer, moist sponge cake middle and a fruity top layer. If you find yourself salivating at this description then this cake is for you! ^^
240 g all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
50 g unsalted butter, softened
120 g sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup milk
Sun Moon's mixed fruits, drain and pat dry
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Heat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line a baking pan with parchment paper (doesn't have to be square pan like mine, you can use a ring pan as well!^^).
2. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Beat in 1/3 of the dry ingredient mixture until just combined, followed by 1/2 the milk; repeat with remaining dry ingredients and milk, finishing with the dry mixture. (The batter will be very stiff, but don’t fret.)
4. Pour the cake batter into prepared pan and smooth so that it is flat. Sprinkle the top with the mixed fruits (be as generous as you can!).
5. Bake in heated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let the cake cool complete before removing the parchment paper lining.
7. Dust with some icing sugar. Best served with a scoop of ice cream.
A closer look at the three layers that I was talking about. To achieve this crusty bottom, after baking for 40minutes, turn the oven to "lower heat" only and let it bake for another 10 minutes.
I like how the mixed fruits were slightly baked in the oven that the top layer tasted a bit custardy as well!
Just so many different types of flavours in one cake! Now you know why I like this recipe so much? :D
Now, if you aren't a cake person or really really can't bake. How about some fruity jelly/agar agar? Perfect on a hot day isn't it? ^^
Recipe is really simple and idiot proof. Just get a bag agar agar powder from the nearest Supermarket like Fairprice/Cold Storage. Then just follow the instructions on the packet to make!
I replaced the water needed to Sun Moon's fruit juice. In this way, I saved the need to add sugar as well! Since the juice is already sweet on it's own. :) Then of course you have to add in some fruits along in the agar agar!
A very healthy and refreshing treat for a hot hot day. ^^
On a side note, in case you feel that I'm hard-selling Sun Moon's products because I've been posting a lot of recipes that featured their products. I'm actually not. It's just because Sun Moon was very kind to send me a lot of their products and I didn't want to waste them! But of course, good things have to be shared. ^^
Finally last chance to take part in my Sun Moon's giveaway!
I'm giving away 3 sets of SunMoon products (worth $30) to 3 lucky readers!
This is what you can do to stand a chance to win the gift packs! ^^
1. Like my facebook page
2. Comment on the above post by answering this simple question: Where can you buy SunMoon x DC Comics Fruit Cups?”
Giveaway will end on 11th January 2015, 2359. Only applicable to Singapore readers and winners will be announced on my Facebook page!