Just the other day, the brother requested me to make him some donuts because he was craving?
Well, being me.....
I didn't bother. :P
I was like "Go get one from the bakery.."
Gangsta sister here. XD
Anyhow, fast forward, the next day he actually went to get all the ingredients and wanted to make it?
Immediately the guilt hit me (actually because I was afraid that he would mess up my kitchen too. :P).
So the bro and the sis spent the lovely Sunday making donuts together! (Y) Full story on my dayre! ^^
If I don't tell you that these are AIR FRIED donuts, would you be able to tell?
Very well, these are the healthier counterpart of the usual donuts (or doughnuts),"fried" using an air fryer!
Eh, that's if you close one eye on that diabetic glazing. Hoho! :P
Ingredients (makes 25 donuts):
4 cups plain flour
1 cup milk
2 tsp instant yeast
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
50 g unsalted butter
1 egg yolk
1. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add milk, yeast, salt, vanilla extract and sugar. Continue whisking to mix.
2. Pour the melted butter into the bowl, stir until well mixed.
3. Add the flour gradually, mix well.
4. Knead the batter for 10 minutes or more on a floured surface until a smooth dough is formed.
5. Put the dough back into the bowl, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise for an hour or when double in size.
6. Punch out the air and roll out the dough with a rolling pin until an inch thick.
7. Cut the dough with a dount cutter.
8. Place the donuts onto a baking pan and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Apply egg wash on the surface of the donuts.
9. Preheat the air fryer to 180 degree Celsius, when the donuts are ready, arrange the donuts on the 'frying' basket and 'fry' for 5 minutes.
10. Remove the donuts and allow to cool slightly. While donuts are cooling, melt your chocolate bar in a microwave or over a pot of hot water (I use dark chocolate).
11. Dip the donuts into the melted chocolate and place it over a topping of your choice (chocolate, rainbow rice, almond and etc.)
"Frying" with an air frying was totally a last minute decision! All because I didn't like the idea of deep frying. Unhealthy you know. :P
I'm glad I suggested to try out with air fryer! The result was really good? *insert heart shape emoji*
And I can't believe it just take 5 minutes? We actually tried 15 minutes with the first batch but it was too hard! Finally we concluded that 5 minutes is just nice! :D
It was so fun to eat and make at the same time? :P
A very good activity to do at home with your other half or even your child!
Ok. Brother also can. Heh.
Erm.. but don't blame me when you had too many donuts ok! XD
We made a total of 4 flavours!
1. Dark Chocolate
2. Almond chocolate
3. Rainbow beans
and some mixture of everything. :P
If I were to plan ahead, I'll make matcha, orh nee and salted egg yolk as well!
More exotic flavours of course. Heh.
These sugar babies are too tempting for us to resist! <3
We made 25 of these but at the end of the session, only 9 of these were left.
Where did the rest go? :P
If you don't have an air fryer, the you may use this recipe as well, but you have to go with deep frying (ouch).
But I strongly encourage you to air fried lah. Hehe..
Not promoting for any particular brand, but I think a lot of the household now has air fryer? I don't know, a lot of my followers on dayre seem to have one.
My favourite is this rainbow beans.
What about you? :D