Anyone still here?
Pardon that I've been too busy with work, home reno and wedding planner that I've no time for this space. :/
Also thanks to Dayre and Instagram, they are so much easier to update on the go then blogging here! :P
Anyway, I've been wanting to share this recipe for the longest time!
Pandan Layer Cake - not something new, if you do a simple Google, you'll probably find lots of them on the internet.
With Mother's Day coming up soon, it's a good recipe to try baking for your dearest mother! ^^
I baked a pandan flavour and one of durian! :D
I modified from the yam layer cake recipe that I've shared a while back. :)
ps: Mr Tan tried to bake this for my birthday too! Haha! Read about it here. ^^
Sponge cake ingredients:
5 tbsp sugar
150g plain flour
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp pandan extract
Sponge cake method:
1. Beat the eggs with a hand mixer.
Add in the sugar in 3 different batches and whip until the egg batter is light and creamy.
2. Add in the oil followed by vanilla extract.
3. Fold in the sieved flour until well combined.
4. Pour the batter into a lined 8" round tin.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 25 mins.
6. Let the cake cool on a rack before removing from the pan. Slice into 3 equal slices horizontally when cooled.
Pandan Layer Ingredients:
400ml pandan juice + 50g butter + 80g fine sugar
250g coconut milk + 150g water
70g hoen kwe flour
2 tsp instant jelly powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pandan paste
Pandan Layer Method:
1. In a pot, bring the pandan juice, butter and sugar to a boil.
2. Combine coconut milk, water, hoen kwe flour, instant jelly powder, salt and pandan paste together. 3. Add (2) into (1), stir and cook till mixture thickens.
4. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool slightly before pouring onto sponge.
1. Place one layer of cake into a 9” cake ring. Pour some pandan pudding over, smooth it and top with another layer of cake. Repeat this step and finish the last layer with pandan pudding.
2. Let the cake cool to room temperature before refrigerate for overnight.
3. Remove the cake ring and decorate with desiccated coconut as desired.
Durian flavour is quite complicated. I'll keep it for next time! :P
Team Pandan or Durian?
Obviously watched too much of Captain America. Hahaha! :P
Check out my recipe page for my cakes or savoury items to make for mummy this Mother's Day! ^^